The Davis Chamber of Commerce represents a broad array of business interests. Frequently, we are asked to take a position on an issue or engage in some policy action on behalf of the business community. In most cases, these requests must be carefully considered since there are competing interests.
If you would like the Davis Chamber of Commerce to consider taking a position on an issue or take some policy action, please do the following:
- Find at least five (5) Chamber members who support your issue and provide the names to us. Our directory of members can be found on our website at www.davischamber.com
- Email all pertinent information about the issue or action to be taken, such as an information document, a Q&A sheet or financial impact statement.
- Provide information of any publicly posted opposition.
- In your email, please include when a decision must be made by the Chamber. Chamber leadership views at least 2 months as a reasonable amount of time to decide on an issue or to take an action. Requests that involved a shorter amount of time may still be considered.
- Provide contact information for the individual or organization making the request. This contact may be used to obtain additional information by Chamber leadership.
- Failure to provide the listed information could be grounds for the Davis Chamber of Commerce leadership to reject the request.
- Email the relevant information to Chamber Executive Director, Cory Koehler, at email@example.com.